Saturday, November 7, 2009

Crafty Me!







My house is a work in progress and I guess I am too. I like to procrastinate but as of late I am hard at work on projects around the house. I was driving through the center of town the other day and noticed someone was getting rid of a brass coat rack. So being me, I grabbed it and threw it in the back of my car. I brought it home primed and painted it and now it is a place for my daughter to hang her robe, and scarf collection (they always seem to be on the floor). My daughter loved it! Even after I told her I took out of someones trash.






and I just had to try it myself.
I did it a little different but the idea is the same.
I used contact paper (which I had already) and taped the printed letter (which my husband supersized for me) to the contact paper. I then used an exacto knife to cute through both layers. Then I pressed the contact paper down firmly and spray painted the S, my rug already had a black border around it.. I love the way it came out.






















 Last but not least I did a simple switcharoo to my candles. Just a change of color from black and white for halloween to cranberry  and white for fall/ christmas.


Hope you like my projects!




Oh and here is one interesting one of the vacuum truck coming to pick up our leaves. Of course one of my trees lost all its leaves today!  A day late. Oh well! I know how lucky we are to have this available in my town.



No comments:

Post a Comment