Sunday, February 14, 2010

Heartwork

Well you may or may not know that my husband and children are really into art. My husband works hard and plays hard and part of that play includes painting.  After a long day at work he finds it relaxing to paint with the kids or alone. He actually took about 10 years away from painting and got back into it last year. I love all the paintings he does but I especially love the most recent one he did from a photo. The picture is of my daughter in bar harbour maine.

He has also painted from another photo my niece took in maine of a big old red barn
This one is on display in my dining room
I just love the shadows and light on that one.

Oh and here is a chalice that we found in an antique shop


and as a sweet valentines gift my daughter painted this sweet heart
and my husband painted this one!
I just love my new heartwork. Don't You! 
I am looking forward to seeing what they come up with for good ole St Patty's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Those are the most perfect Valentine's! They're very talented!

    ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paintings are fabulous! So nice to come over and meet you!
    Lovely blog :)
    Sincerely,
    Angela Harris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Angela and Megan. My husband is never sure if his artwork is praise worthy and I love to tell him and my children how many people love it!

    ReplyDelete