Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back to school

Well, that time of year has arrived and the kids are back to school. Now don't get me wrong. I love my kiddos with all my heart but I have been waiting for these days to arrive again. The days when I can go to the grocery store by myself (which takes about half the time and about half the money as no one is requesting *extras*) the days of cleaning a room and not coming back 5 minutes later to find a bigger mess, and the days of folding laundry while watching a few minutes of the today show instead of phineas and ferb. I have been waiting for these days all summer long and now they are finally here! Yes, I do have to get up earlier to make lunches and get the kids ready and yes, I do have to help everyone with homework and yes, I have to be more prepared for things then I do in the summer but I find it all worth it. I miss them when they are gone and I smile when they return to me, but I am enjoying the quiet "me time" which I think every mom deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment