Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A beautiful fall weekend


What a nice weekend with the family. It was busy but fun. We went to a party for a friend on saturday and the adults had a great time, one of the kids had so much fun and the other was wishing she was not there. My son knows how to fill his time by talking to people he does not know about rocks and space, while my daughter shies away from making new connections. Someone at the party asked me if my son was the "well spoken scientist". That about summed him up! We also went apple picking this weekend. A time honored tradition for our family. The kids love picking fresh fruit and having a bite or two in the fields. They also love getting cider donuts and apple cider to take home. It is fun for us all and mom gets to bake with the apples at home. I love to bake and made apple crisp for dessert last night. I also love the fact that the kids request apples for their school snack instead of cookies or chips. It is a refreshing change.

No comments:

Post a Comment